Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 26, 2011- Brusque Livin

Hey Everyone!!
So this last week went pretty well, we worked a ton and are still pretty tired. We had one day this week where it was super hot outside (unfortunately it´s back to cold and rainy today) and we went tracting the entire afternoon and knocked at more than 100 doors and not a single person let us in! I´ve never seen anything like that out here in Brasil yet, but we still felt good about the work we did because we know that everybody has their agency. Also this week we met this super super cool family while we were tracting who are like our best friends now. It´s a Mom, Dad, and daughter. 4 years back they lost their 12 year old son when he crashed into a tree riding his bike. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and their were crying, and the Spirit was super strong. Hopefully they get baptized!! Also we met this one lady when we were tracting and she let told us to come back the next day and so we did and she let us in. We were just about to start teaching her when she pulls out her Bible for us and tells us that she wants us to explain a chapter in the Bible to her. It´s Judges 19, a pretty weird chapter, but she´s fixated on it haha. It´s pretty common for people out here to get obsessed with crazy stuff from like Isaiah (or any Old Testament story), and Revelations and we just try to help them realize what is actually important for their salvation haha. Ya, last Monday was quite a knee slapper, so after we sent emails I went to get my haircut. My hair was pretty long so I just went into the first barber shop that I found and they sit me down and whatnot and the guy comes and cuts my hair. So he cuts it short and whatnot and right as he finishes he whips out some gel and puts my hair into a fohawk...my companion was dying of laughter and I just smiled and thanked the guy (I didn´t want to offend him) and walked outside and did my best to get rid of it haha ya, it was interesting. Anyways, I love you guys so much and hope you give the little ones some loves for me!!!!
Love,
Elder Michael J. Neilson

No comments:

Post a Comment