Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January 5, 2011

Hey everyone!
I hope you all had an amazing New Years!! Ours was good out here, not very productive on New Years Day tho...we went outside just to find all of Chandler hungover or still drinking out in the streets, not the state of mind we want people to be in when we teach them about the gospel haha. We have been sooooooo incredibly blessed this last week and have seen an increase in the number of people we teach and seen incredible improvement in the people we teach! I absolutely LOVE it here. I don't even want to think about Brazil because it seems like every day I have less and less of a desire to ever go there. The work here is AMAZING and I have so much love for everyone here that it is going to be really hard to leave Arizona. Everything about this place is great!! I've seen so many blessings from the Lord and I have a hard time imagining myself receiving these blessings anywhere else. I know that I have been called by the Lord to serve in Brazil tho, and when I do get that call for my visa I know I will be very excited! The language has been coming along soooooo incredibly well, at first I thought everyone talked SO fast but it does not seem that way anymore. If you know me well then you know that I feel like I was born to speak Spanish and I am so thankful to the Lord for allowing me this opportunity. This mission has really taught me the importance of faith and works. If we ever desire to gain anything in this life then we need to first turn to the Lord, let Him know that we have faith in Him and show, by our works, that we actually do believe in Him and we are going to work our hardest. I LOVE my time out here, it is such a blessing!! My companion is amazing and I am sooooo lucky to be serving with him. I hope all is well back home and that Mom continues to improve!!! Give EVERYONE loves for me!!
Love,
Elder Michael J. Neilson

No comments:

Post a Comment