Thursday, March 8, 2012

March 5, 2012- Storm Watch

Hey Everyone!!
  This was the last week of our transfer and it went really well!! We had quite an eventful week that kept us really busy which is always a blessing. I got to go on a division in one of the more ghetto areas of our mission and it was a great experience to see how humble of circumstances that some people in this world have. It was a great day and it really made me appreciate the blessings which I have in my life. Also on Wednesday night we went out to make some visits with a member. We parked his car and went to make the visits and as we were making our way back to the car, all of a sudden out of nowhere the sky fell on us! It literally just started to pour down rain without even a sprinkle of warning, I´ve never seen anything like this in my life! We had to take shelter under a bus stop but we were still getting pounded by the rain because the winds were exceeding 100 KPH. After about 10 minutes we made a dash to the members car and got completely soaked from head to toe. It was a super crazy storm to where all the cars on the road were going about 5mph due to the fact that we couldn´t see out of the windsheild! We still went and made another visit before going home and as we were going home we saw all the destruction that had taken place and nobody in the city had power. We drove to our apartment tho and our apartment and a few more houses on our street were the only places with power in the entire city!! We got inside our apartments and saw how our things got a little bit wet because we left the windows open, but it was a cool experience! We found out last night that my companion, Elder Banner, is getting transfered this week and I still don´t know who my new companion is but I´ll find out soon!! I love you all and hope to hear from you soon!! Give the little ones some loves for me!!!
Love,
Elder Michael J. Neilson

No comments:

Post a Comment