Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday October 22, 2010

Hey everyone,
  This last week has been way rad here in the MTC! It just keeps getting better everyday and my knowledge of the scriptures and Portuguese expands soooo fast, it's crazy. So this last Tuesday we had a devotional and Russell M. Nelson was the speaker, such an amazing experience! He only spoke for like 10-15 minutes (they usually speak for at least 30 mins) so that was kind of odd but it was just so cool to be in the presence of an Apostle of God. It's really funny how excited we get for devotionals too, it is really all that we have to look forward to. Me and my companion did another 'mock investigator' thing at the TRC (Training Resource Center) and it went really really well. The guy was from Sao Palo and was a member but he did a great job at asking questions that made us think. We pretty much do role play at least 3 times a day here in the MTC, usually teaching the discussions, so getting good at teaching and role playing before you get in here definitely would help a TON. Your Las Flores ward did a really good job at that with the priests I noticed so that is really cool. Mom, Thank you sooooo much for sending those packages!!! Everyone in my district was so stoked to see that one of us actually got a care package full of real food haha candy and other stuff is still really good but it's nice to get some healthy stuff every now and then. And that book with all of our family photos is my favorite!! But thanks again Mom, youre the greatest I love you so much!!! Me and my companion have to teach Sunday school this week and it's on Christlike Attributes so we are excited to be able to share our message in 2 days. The Spirit of the MTC is so incedible, this is by far the hardest and most tiring (no 2 hour naps everyday haha) work that I have ever done, but it is no question the most rewarding and spiritually refreshing thing I have ever done. Anyways...I love you all so so much and give all the little ones a big hug and kiss for me!!
Love,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment