Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 16, 2011-The Work Keeps Coming!!






Hola everyone!
This last week was AMAZING! We got to teach a ton and had some exciting baptism news!!! On Saturday I got to baptize this young kid named Angel and it was a super cool experience!! I'm really really tight with his family and his dad grew up in LA so we get to talk about CA a lot. They are the Juarez family and are such generous people, they would feed us dinner every night if we would let them! haha Then the next day at church I was sitting next to one of our investigators named Elia who just has a solid testimony and is such a generous person as well. We had extended baptism dates to her before but she said that she wanted to come to church some more so she could get to know some more members in the ward. Well after Sacrament meeting I started talking to her and she told me she doesn't want to wait any longer to be baptized and wants to be baptized this week!!! So rad!! So we had her interviewed and she is going to get baptized this next Sunday!! My companion is going to baptize her and I am going to confirm her, it should be a beautiful event! The work here in Chandler is every missionary's dream! With the disaster in Japan and other world events going on we have really received a lot of questions about what all of this means. It is a great opportunity to share the gospel with these people and help them understand that with the gospel we have no need to fear. I love you all soo much and hope all is well back home!!! Give the little ones loves for me!!!
Love,
Elder Michael J. Neilson

No comments:

Post a Comment