Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011-Floripa Livin!!

Hey Everybody!!
So Floripa is definitely a really really cool/pretty island, like unbelievable. My companion says that the people in Santa Catarina (the sate that our mission covers) are the rudest and meanest people in all of Brazil, I didn´t believe it at first but I can definitely see what he means now haha they aren´t that bad, it´s like serving an English mission in the states, they are all pretty well-to-do financially here so they don´t really see a need for religion. Historically, our mission is the lowest baptizing area in all of Brazil but al the missionaries say that President Queiroz has done a great job with this area, too bad he has to leave soon! We teach English classes soooooooooo much here, it´s cool but we are really trying to just gain the trust of these people and then introduce them to the Gospel. I teach this one man, Steferson, 3 mornings a week. He is a professor at a university here, has his doctorate in engineering and is going to Germany in September to do this really big project. His English is pretty good so I have to teach him some more complicated stuff about the English language...I don´t even feel like MY English is that great haha o well. The work is defintely slower here and everybody we teach just invites us to come to the beach with them or to go surfing with them...I´ve decided that living on Floripa as a missionary really isn´t that fun haha I wouldn´t be sad if I get transfered to a new area really fast!! haha I got a giant envelope full of letters from the Las Flores Ward Activity Day girls so that was really nice of them! Takes a while for mail to get here tho, and even then it takes a few weeks for us to get it from the mission office but it´s all good, no worries. Soccer is everything for the people out here, we are always playing soccer with kids, it´s pretty fun and they tell us to do it so we gain the trust of the people out here. Besides that, everything is going really well, hopefully everything is great back home!! Give the little ones loves for me!!!
Love,
Elder Michael J. Neilson

No comments:

Post a Comment