Monday, April 25, 2011

April 25, 2011-Happy Pascoa!!!!

Hey Everyone!!
Hope everyone had a great Easter!! Easter in Brazil is different than the states I guess, they still eat tons and tons of chocolate but I´m not sure anyone even knows what Easter is about haha in Church we didn´t have a single talk on Christ and His resurrection, but that´s fine, we had some investigators some to Church and they really liked it, hopefully we will have some baptism coming up real soon. The language is really starting to come, (thankfully) it´s not too bad to understand what people are saying but I still have a lot of room to grow. The island is such a rad place, going from the beautiful beaches of Southern California to Hawaii and not to Floripa...I´ve been pretty dang lucky, altho it can be a killer knowing that I can´t go in the water here, o well! The traffic on the island is soooooooo bad tho, like worse than LA and that´s probably because there are only 2 lanes here. We got to do a service project the other day here, we moved all of these cynder blocks from one corner of this lot, to another corner. It was pretty tiring and we were sweating pretty good but after a few hours we had the job done and it felt real real good! Also the hot dogs here are amazing!! they put everything on hot dogs (just like the pizza), like seriously, they will put potatoes, peas, corn, chocolate, whatever you want. So exciting that the twins adoptions will be final this weekend and then they will be sealed to our family!!! Somewhat bummed that I can´t be there but I know that I am suppose to be here right now!! I love you all so much and give the little ones extra loves for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Elder Michael J. Neilson
ps. I sent some letters out last week so hopefully they will get to the states soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment