Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 15, 2011- Welcome to Itapoá!

Hey Everyone!!
So it´s pretty crazy living off the island, i feel like I´m gonna go back anyday now. Up here in the north is a lot different from where I was serving on the island. This is kind of what I expected Brasil to be like, food and whatnot is cheaper here and we have a big apartment but there are a lot more poor people here. So I´m actually not serving in the city of Guaratuba, I´m serving in a city that´s 30 minutes away and called Itapoá. It´s this Summer vacation beach town that is pretty new (it´s only 18 years old so they still don´t have paved roads) and it´s absolutely empty right now, like 80% of the houses are vacant because it´s still winter. We have a group (smaller than a branch) out here that consists of about 20 members and we had 8 of them come to church this Sunday so we gotta work on reactivating them. The work has a lot different feel out here for some reason and is quite a bit slower but we have already made plans to try and really get this place booming this next week so we will see. My companion is a really good guy too, he is from Spokane, WA and this is his only area that he has ever served in. We´ve definitely got our work cut out for us so we just gotta get going, and work our tails off. I´ll let you know how things go next week! I love you all so much and hope you give the little ones some loes for me!!!
Love,
Elder Michael J. Neilson

No comments:

Post a Comment