Wednesday, August 3, 2011

July 18, 2011- My Boatin Parents!!!

Hey!!

I hope you guys are having a blast out at Lake Powell!!! I´m sure the little kids absolutely love it, especially William and Gregory. Did you guys not take Annie with you?? A lot of people are on holiday right now here so they are all going to Uruguay or Argentina. Brasil is kind of depressed right now too because they lost in soccer last nikght to Paraguay and they should´ve won, o well. Our mission president came to our apartment this morning and was absolutely stunned wikth how small our apartment is haha he was like ´this is it??´ . We are still trying to find a new place but it´s pretty difficult to find one out here, we are thinking about just buying a tent and sleeping on an empty grass or sand lot, we will see. Have you by chance sent any more of my medicine? I´m just about out, and am doikng great rikght now, I´ve even put some weight back on. Well I hope you guys stay safe and have a ton of fun out at Lake Powell!! I love you guys!!!


July 25, 2011- Floripa Livin

Hey Everyone!!
This last week went by soooo fast but was super good!  The lady who we baptized yesterday is sooooo solid in the church, she is definitely one of my most memorable baptisms out here.  She was really having a rough time leading up to Saturday tho because she was quitting smoking and moving out of her boyfriend’s house where she has lived for the last 12 years!  She used to smoke almost 2 packs of cigarettes a day so for her to stop smoking all together in one week was an absolute miracle.  Her entire family smokes tho so she is constantly watching people smoke and it makes her want to smoke.  So to help her out both my companion and I gave up something that we really liked until her baptism on Saturday.  I gave up speaking in English and my companion gave up eating sweets.  The lady was super funny too because she would give me chocolate and make me eat it with her in front on my companion haha he was dying, but we both survived and it turned out to be a great experience.  Our apartment got attacked by mold the other day too so we were walking around in mold-covered suits haha it was all good tho.  Things with the new president are going super well, he is cleaning up the mission a ton and we are getting a lot of blessings because of it!  I love you all and hope you can give the kids some loves for me!!!
Love,
Elder Michael J. Neilson

No comments:

Post a Comment