Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 8, 2011- I´m Leaving the Island

Hey everyone!!
So ya, I´m getting transfered this week, crazy crazy crazy. It´s really the first transfer of my mission because the other 2 times I left an area I had to get on a plane to get to my new area/mission haha It should be really good tho! I´m sad to leave this area because it has treated me so well and the people here are incredible, it is really hard to say goodbye but I just tell everyone that I will be back in a year, so I´m super excited to return and be able to speak fluently in Portuguese with all of them!! It´s gonna be hard leaving my companion too, he is such a great missionary and we have a blast together. So our mission covers the entire state of Santa Catarina (comparable to the size of the state North Carolina) and then we have 2 missionary companionships in the state below, and 2 missionary companionships in the state above, Parana. I´m going to Parana which is the farthest north area in the mission and I´m pretty stoked. I´ve only heard some rumors about the place and the things I´ve heard is that I´m going to a beautiful beach city where we have to baptize in the ocean because the church doesn´t have a baptismal font, what a bummer...haha I´ve already heard some stories of missionaries getting swallowed by waves as they were baptizing people so I´m pretty entrigued to see what´s in store for me haha. My new companion is an American too, I don´t really know anything about him other than he likes to fish and has 3 months in the mission so I´m pretty excited to work with him and see who we can bring to the waters of baptism!! I´m really gonna miss my companion right now tho, he has been such a great example to me and has tons of love for everyone he meets. Love is exactly what the gospel of Jesus Christ is all about. I hope everything is going great back home and thank you for all the prayers!! Give the little ones some loves for me!!!
Love,
Elder Michael J. Neilson

No comments:

Post a Comment