Saturday, December 4, 2010

December 3, 2010

Aloha Everyone!
Well, I only have 3 days left here in the MTC! Looking back on the MTC I am sooooo grateful for the opportuntiy I had to stay here. You here a lot of people say how they absolutely hated the MTC and that's fine for them, but for me the MTC has been a lifesaver. The spiritual experiences that I have had here have been out of this world and I have never felt this close to the Savior. The MTC has really helped me see a lot of my weaknesses and helped me realize the purpose of this life. The food isn't the greatest but it is definitely edible and the people who work in the cafeteria are superrr nice. Also just being in a District with 12 other missionaries all the time is so fun and it is going to be weird just being with one person all day, everyday out in the field. I have never been so white and fat in my life! and I can't wait to get out and get tan and skinny again!! haha I've also gained a lot of respect for the state of Utah and the people from here. I think the snow is wayyy rad but I just wish I could have the snow AND the ocean all winter, that would be paradise...o wait, that place does exist, it's called Southern California! haha but really I will always think fondly back on my experience of the MTC. Whenever I would get somewhat down at this place, I would always just think to myself, if I can't be happy here while I am coming closer to the Savior then how can I possibly go out to the world and proclaim that the Gospel truly does bring happiness? This mindset has helped me a TON. It truly was no coincidence that I was to come here to the Provo MTC first, all the things that I have learned from the people in my district and being able to witness 5 Apostles give Devotionals, are clearly testimony of this. I think the thing that I've learned most here at the MTC is the importance of having love for everyone and especially the Savior. When we love the Savior and show that by following His commandments then we will develop love for all man. I am sooooooooooooooo excited tho to get out into the field, get to work and just be exhausted every night! This mission is such a blessing from the Lord. Our whole peurpose on this earth is to have joy and return to live with our Heavenly Father. There is nothing I want more than to receive exaltation and I didn't always think like this necessarily before this mission and I am so grateful that the Lord is allowing me this time so that I can do just that. Also I know that this mission will be such a blessing for me, my family now, and my future family, it's so cool! Anyways...I haven't called home yet to tell my parents where I am going so I am just going to give you all a hint as to where I have been reassigned until my visa comes... It covers 3 states, boarders another country and is heavily influenced by drug cartels...Any guesses??? haha all I have to say is that I am SO stoked to go there and it is EXACTLY the place that I have been praying to be reassigned to! I love you all and give loves to the little ones for me!!!
Love,
Elder Michael Neilson

No comments:

Post a Comment